INTRADISTRICT TRANSFERS (Transfer to a School Within the District of Residence)
- A completed Intradistrict Form must be submitted for each child living in the Sylvan District who would like to attend another school within the district. Forms are available at the school site or at the link below. Open enrollment begins the first Monday in February and completed forms must be returned by the last Friday in March to the school of residence.
- In cases where there are more requests to attend a school than there are openings, the selection process is “random and unbiased” through a lottery process. The Superintendent or designee shall determine the capacity of each District school.
- The Board of Trustees retains the authority to maintain appropriate racial and ethnic balances, as determined by the Board of Trustees, among District schools.
- Transportation is not provided for a student who transfers to another school in the district under these provisions.
- If a transfer request is denied, a parent/guardian does not have an automatic right to appeal the decision.
- Approval will be contingent on space availability.
INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS (Transfer to a District Outside of the District of Residence)
Education Code 46600 allows two or more districts to enter into an agreement for the transfer of one or more students for a period of up to five years. Requests for an Interdistrict Transfer must be initiated at the District of Residence.
Interdistrict agreements are subject to annual review. Sylvan Union School District reserves the right to enroll students in the school or program where space is available. Interdistrict agreements may be revoked at any time that a pupil does not maintain acceptable standards of attendance, behavior, and/or if the pupil fails to maintain acceptable levels of academic achievement. Approval will also be contingent upon space availability.
If either district denies a transfer request, a parent/guardian may appeal the decision. Students who are under consideration for expulsion or who have been expelled may not appeal Interdistrict denials or decisions while expulsion proceedings are pending, or during the term of the expulsion.
NOTE: Transportation will not be provided for a student who transfers into the district on an Interdistrict Agreement.
You may access the Interdistrict Transfer Form by clicking the links below. Please download, print and return BOTH forms to the District Office for approval.