Coronavirus Staff Resources And Information
- Know Your Benefits flyer: This piece provides an overview of the newly eligible expenses for FSA, HRA, and HSA for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- COVID-19 Vaccine overview flyer: This piece provides an overview of what vaccines are, how they work, and why they’re important, as well as facts on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccine flyer: This piece provides details on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccine video (English): Elizabeth Hudson, DO, chief of infectious disease at Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center (California), talks about the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccine video (Spanish): Daisy Dodd, MD, infectious disease specialist at Kaiser Permanente Anaheim Medical Center (California), talks about the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Staff Resources:
3/16/2020 message from Kaiser Permanente:
A message from Kaiser regarding postponing (rescheduling) elective and non-urgent surgeries (procedures) in order to increase the number of patients it can treat.
To make certain we can continue to provide the high-quality care our members need while also preparing for the oncoming increase in the number of patients with COVID-19 the following decisions have been made:
- To allow our members to stay at home if they want, and to increase the number of patients we can treat, Kaiser Permanente is offering more video and phone visits to increase member access to ambulatory care. Allowing people to stay home and still get great care will also help address the community spread of COVID-19 and ease the global shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE)— masks, gowns, and gloves.
- While our medical centers are open and operating and are safe places to be, these actions will help to support social distancing and crowd avoidance and prevent and slow the dissemination of COVID-19.
- We are proactively reaching out to members to make this option available to them for various appointments.
- Our members continue to have a choice of phone, video or in-person visits and are encouraged to phone or email their doctor with any questions about their ongoing care needs.
Elective Surgeries and Procedures
- To ensure we have capacity and equipment to care for the potential of more critically ill patients, Kaiser Permanente has started to postponing/rescheduling elective/non-urgent surgeries and procedures for the next few weeks.
- Kaiser Permanente physicians are clinically evaluating all elective procedures scheduled for the next few weeks to determine those that can be safely postponed.
- Each location is working to operationalize this approach, and some have already started to contact members affected by this decision to discuss options for rescheduling and to address questions.
- Members do not need to contact Kaiser Permanente about their scheduled procedures as we will proactively reach out to those affected by this decision.
- Members are also encouraged to phone or email their doctor with any questions about their ongoing care needs.
COVID-19 Staff Resources:
March 27, 2020: Video: Why Social Distancing is Critical, Right Now (Two Sutter clinical leaders, Warren Browner, M.D., MPH and Stephen Lockard, M.D., PhD, explain why social distancing is so critical to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in this new video.