Enrolling My Child for School
2021-2022 School Year
If you have a child who will be 5 years of age between Sept. 2, 2021 and Dec. 2, 2021, please register your child for Transitional Kindergarten at your attendance area school.
If you have a child who will be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2021, please register your child for Kindergarten at your attendance area school.
ALL NEW STUDENTS TO SYLVAN DISTRICT
Complete online enrollment. Enrollment Forms 2, 3 and 4 will need to be completed and filled out in paper form. You can access those forms here.
If your child is already attending a Transitional Kindergarten or Special Education PreFormal program in Sylvan District, you do NOT need to complete the online enrollment. A letter will be sent home to these families explaining the enrollment process for Kindergarten.
Documents Needed to complete Enrollment:
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization record including:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Varicella Vaccine (chicken pox) or health-care provider documentation of immunity
- 2 Varicella Doses required
- Proof of physical exam or appointment scheduled for an exam (for enrolling Kindergarten students, exams dated after 3/1/21 also meet the 1st grade physical exam requirement)
- Proof of residency (2):
- Current utility bills with parent/guardian name
- 2nd Verification may include, but not limited to: property tax bill or rental property contract/lease, pay stub, voter registration
- Proof of Oral Health Exam or appointment scheduled
Family Guide to New Student Online Enrollment
The online enrollment process will take about 20-30 minutes. Please be prepared to have all the required information listed below to finish the online enrollment process.
- Student's Legal Name (as shown on birth certificate)
- Language, race and ethnicity information
- A valid address within school district boundaries
- Parent/Guardian's home/work phone and address.
- Name and phone number of emergency contacts.
- Name, address and district of previous school, if applicable.
- Documents: Home Language Survey, Report of Health Exam for School Entry, Oral Health Assessment Form