- Make a fire escape plan with your family and practice twice a year.
- Replace batteries in smoke alarms twice a year
- Replace any broken or cracked electrical cords right away
- Do not leave candles burning unattended
- Have a fire extinguisher in your home and know how to use it
- Put together an emergency preparedness kit.
- Make a plan with your family.
- Be informed. Learn what you need to know to keep your family safe.
- Kids should never swim without adult supervision
- Never swim in canals
- Learn to swim
- Wear a coast guard approved life preserver when on a boat
- Never leave a child alone in a bathtub
- Never dive in shallow water
- Never swim alone
- Learn CPR
- Always wear a helmet that fits properly
- Watch for cars
- Parents supervise young children
- Wear light clothes so other can see you
- Follow the rules of the road
- Learn hand signals for stop and turns
- Make sure your equipment is in proper condition
- Use correct protective gear
- Stay hydrated
- Make sure equipment is working properly
- Warm up and stretch before practices and games
- Know the signs of concussion
- Take breaks to avoid overuse injury
- Report any injury to the coach