District Technology Resources Responsible Use Agreement
A GOOD DIGITAL CITIZEN:
- Uses all Sylvan district technology resources for appropriate educational purposes.
- Understands that they represent their school and district when online and always uses language that is appropriate and respectful.
- Does not engage in any form of cyberbullying.
- Cyberbullying includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of harassing communications, direct threats, or other harmful texts, sounds, or images on the internet, social media, or other technologies using a telephone, computer, or any wireless communication device. Cyberbullying also includes hacking into another person’s account and assuming that person’s identity to damage that person’s reputation.
- Reports any cyberbullying or other inappropriate misuse of technology resources to a teacher, principal, or other trusted adult.
- Does not screenshot or share images of other students or staff without their permission.
- Understands that online activities are not private. Securly, our district content filter, scans and monitors all activity for student safety and security purposes and alerts administration to potential issues.
- Never logs into another person’s account for any reason and never impersonates any other person online or in any account, including Google.
- Never shares personal information online, such as name, home address, or phone number of yourself or any other person, unless directed to do so by a parent/guardian or a teacher. A person who asks for your personal information or violates your privacy must be reported to your teacher/principal immediately.
- Respects their District-issued device and does their best to keep it in like-new condition.
- Never puts stickers or other personal markings on their District-issued device
I understand and agree to the expectations listed above. I understand that the use of district technology resources is a privilege and inappropriate use may result in loss of that privilege.