Certificated Professional Growth

Certificated staff members, under SEA Contract 14.9, can submit transcripts evidencing completion of unit work.  See Section 14.9.2 of the SEA Contract for the timeline for submitting transcripts.  


Per the SEA Contract, Article 14.9:
● It is recommended that teachers get coursework and units pre-approved by the Human
Resources Department to ensure that they will be accepted for movement across the
salary schedule.
● Units submitted must be from a regionally accredited college or university (WASC or its
equivalent) in upper and/or lower division or graduate courses and must have been
taken after the date the Bachelor’s Degree was awarded.
● Units/coursework must support the teacher’s professional growth.
● Units must be earned during the current tenure of employment with the district.
● Lower division courses are not normally acceptable unless relevant to the assignment as
determined by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources or designee.