Savage Counselor Info
Mrs. Collins, Office by Student Services - email@example.com
Mrs. Sousa, Office 76, located by Cafeteria - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to check out our counseling website for tips, resources, and coping strategies.
We Are BOBCAT STRONG!
Access our self-referral form
REQUESTING COUNSELING SERVICES: FOR STUDENTS
Counselors help students gain the self-knowledge necessary to become independent and responsible decision-makers, as well as promote high academic achievement, good citizenship and a positive school climate. If you feel like you are struggling in any of the following:
- Assistance with Transitioning into Middle School
- Conflict Management
- Social or Emotional Issues
As a parent/guardian you may also email/call our counselors to request or inform the school of any concerns you would like them to address with your child.
The following are some useful resources for our families in crisis. Our counselors have additional resources for specific needs. Please, reach out via email if you would like additional support.
- United Way provides the 2-1-1 number for local community services such as rent and mortgage assistance, food and shelter, transportation, child care and much more.
- Stanislaus County Warm Line (209) 558-4600. This is a non-crisis intervention, offering peer support, referrals, and shared experiences of hope and recovery.
- Suicide Hot Line 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE
- The Trevor Project - LGBTQ youth - 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678
Our New "Normal"
We are here for you even in the midst of this new and uncharted territory. If you need someone to talk to, contact your counselor by email and we will get back to you as soon as we are available.
Please check back often, as our counselors will continue to add new material and information regarding coping strategies and ways to stay healthy at home.
We've found this awesome link Mental Health During Covid-19 that has great information, resources and activities on:
- Helping kids cope
- Talking to your kids about COVID-19
- Coping exercises for kids, teens and adults
- Noticing Signs of Stress
- Family Activities
Also, check out this video for more information and an easy to understand explanation of COVID-19 - BrainPop - COVID-19